Winter is here which means it’s that time of year where we really need to nourish and care for our skin. With shorter days and less Vitamin D from the sun, it’s crucial we look at supporting our skin both internally and externally.
Winter often brings dry, flakey and sometimes itchy skin, but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer. Some of the best things you can do to support your skin in Winter is:
- Dry body brushing before you shower to stimulate the lymphatic system and get the blood flowing.
- Make sure your shower water is warm and not too hot. Hot water although it can feel really nice, can also have a damaging effect on the skin over time.
- Keep your skin on your face and body moisturised. The best time to apply your moisturiser is straight after you shower. This will allow the skin to soak up the moisture and make it easier for you to apply. Also look at keeping a small tube of moisturiser in your handbag for those crisp and windy days, so you can reapply to your face, lips and even hands during Winter.
- Stay hydrated! Drink as much H2O as possible. Ensuring you are drinking appropriately 2ltrs of filtered clean water each day, will help keep your skin hydrated from Winter.
- Nourish your skin from within. Add a skin boosting collagen or greens/reds powder to your diet to allow your skin to be boosted with antioxidants from within. A healthy gut is vital for glowing skin.
- Create time each week for an at home facial routine. Cleanse, exfoliate and apply a hydrating mask to keep your skin in a healthy condition. I personally love using a cream based hydration mask which I can apply and wear overnight while I sleep to give my skin an extra boost! Also don’t forget to treat your eyes and lips. The skin is more delicate in those areas so it’s important to ensure you’re taking extra care of them as well
We hope you have found these skin tips helpful and we would love to see you in the Spa soon!